Steel Structure introducation
WHAT IS STEEL STRUCTURE?
Steel structure is a structure formed by the combination of steel components designed to meet the architectural and technical requirements of customers. Structural steel is widely used in medium-and-large scale construction and prefabricated buildings due to its very useful and flexible properties.
The steel structure is also related to the substructure or components in a building made of structural steel. Structural steel is steel configurations with specific shapes and chemical compositions, which are applied individually to each project.
Structural steel can be shaped into different shapes, sizes and standards. Popular shapes of structural steel include I-beam, channel and angle.
- I - Beam: I-shaped cross section.
- HSS: hollow structure for square, rectangular, circular, etc.
- Angle:L-shaped cross section.
- Z bar: Steel bar with Z-shaped cross section.
- Channel: Channel C or C-shaped cross section.
- Tee: T-shaped cross section.
- Ray:Steel bar has many section types, as a guide bar for cranes, large doors, etc.
- Bar: a rectangular piece of metal that is flat and long, but not too wide to be called a plate.
- Rod: round or square and long pieces of metal.
- Plate: metal sheets with 4mm or more in thickness.
- Hollow beams
TYPES OF MAIN STRUCTURES
- Truss structure: bar or truss
- Frame structure: beams and columns
- Arch architecture
- Grid structure: grid or dome structure
- Beam bridge
- Post-tensioning structure
- Truss bridge: truss structure
- Arch bridge
- Cable stayed bridge
- Suspension bridge
1. Cost savings
Steel structures cost less to manufacture and maintain compared to traditional construction methods. In addition, 98% of the steel structures can be reused into new steel products without reducing the physical properties.
2. Quick construction
Steel structures can be installed quickly. The accuracy of the steel components improves the speed of the installation process and allows for tracking on the management software for quicker management.
3. Health and Safety
Steel components are made in the factory and quickly installed on the site by skilled staff to create safety for steel structures. Surveys have proven that steel structures are the safest solution.
There is very little noise and dust during the steel structural fitting because all the components have been fabricated in the factory.
Steel structures can be modified in the future for new applications, loading conditions, vertical expansion, changes required by the owner that other framing systems can not be done.
Besides, the steel structure can be erected on other floors when the original works are completed after many years.